- THINK – You’ll need to do a certain amount of thinking to avoid falling into a role by accident. Pinpoint what you’re good at, what you enjoy doing, and what you find interesting. Work out whether you have any particular values or needs that must be met.
- DO SOME TESTS – there are psychometric tests and indicators which can test to see what drives your decisions and beliefs. These should help
- JOB ADS – browse job ads and see what interests you
- TRIAL AND ERROR – just jump in, try a few jobs for say 6 months and see how you like it.
Sample job ideas
- Security installers like that @ Serious Security
- furniture salesperson like that @ Demir Leather
- Scrap metal salesperson like that @ Scrap Metal Sydney